Monday, April 2, 2007

First (Real) Post!

Considering that the previous 2 posts are mainly 'copied' stuff (must put stuff that match the title and intent of this blog mah), I think I should stop bumming around and get down to writing some real stuff, haha.. now u know why I could never get a blog going, and why my previous one dieded :P Taking bets for guessing how long this blog will last before the laziness bug gets to me!

Anyway, lemme begin by updating on interesting events that had happened :p

Set in a quiet hideout along alexandra road, we had our day of recollection during Lent, conducted by our spiritual director sister Sandra :) The theme was on the parable of "The Prodigal Son". Q insightful, cos most of the time we only pay attention to the younger brother who ran frm home and squandered his father's money, but ignored the elder brother who "thought" that he did the father's will and couldn't accept it when his younger brother could be so easily forgiven.. sounds a bit like what happens to us sometimes, when we are self-righteous and couldn't accept the faults of others..


The group of us who went, there's this really beautiful plain tucked at the back whom we were supposed to take a reflective walk to.. what a breathtaking view! never knew a place like this existed in singapore. while we were there, actually saw 2 couples taking wedding photos haha

On another occassion, Geri and I went to watch Phantom of the opera! I guess for me, I would summarised the entire show with 2 comments: Brad Little rocks! the sets rocks! Brad little really brings the phantom to life man... his whole repertoire of vocal ranges and powerfully 'emofied' singing, really gotta hear it for urself. And I think the stage manager must be the busiest man in the whole musical, with gigantic elephants rolling out one instant, falling chandeliers (yup that lantern-like thingy in the pic, secretly taken :P ), and an absolutely dreamlike underground lake.. (p.s i think i know how they did the candles rising from the waters trick.. its a physics thing :p )

On hindsight though.. the thought that one ticket costs me 20 normal movie tixs pains me... haha. Chengwei was telling me how the musical tickets costs almost as much as the movie tickets in NY... ^_^"
Thank you bro..

2 comments:

Summer-Joy said...

hehe I think I'm the first to comment on your blog! The singer in Phantom of the Opera over here in New York is gay... haha. Don't think I'm planning to watch it though...

A ray of ... said...

Yup you are haha,
i shall set up a tagboard soon :p